11/28/12

This is the Third Time


Today we held an ISOWA tour for our new employees and their families. This is the third time we’ve done such a tour.
 
I think the families may be worried about what kind of company ISOWA is.
 
This event is planned for them to see, feel and understand us, as well as to support us.
 
Today the weather was changeable in Nagoya. At times it was stormy.
In spite of the weather, all six of our new employees and eight of their family members took part in this event. They came from Hikone, Shima, Ena, Gifu-Hashima, Koda and Toyota.
 
Ms. H of the human resources department provided our company overview, and then I said a few words.
 
 
We talked in an open space, not in a meeting room, because I wanted them to feel ISOWA as much as possible.
 
Then we embarked on a Discovery ISOWA tour presented by the recruiters.
 
First up was Mr. T of the structure division, who is in his fourth year as an ISOWA employee.
 
 
 
 
“I am now studying the alignment and installation of machines. Originally I joined ISOWA because I wanted to manufacture things, so I will master that and start studying machine structure.”
 
Next up was Mr. N of the sales division, who has been working at ISOWA for eight years.
 


“Until recently I thought our job was just to sell the machines, but I have come to recognize the importance of making customers happy. For this reason, I am now trying to please the customers even before delivering the machines.”
 
I could feel his zeal for his work. It might be because he recently got married.
 
Finally Mr. T of the technology division, who has five years of experience in the company, came up and spoke to us.
 
 “This year, while I worked on developing new machines, I was thinking of this slogan: ‘For the world, for the people.’ My work poses some really challenging tasks and is full of pressure. But the best moment for me is when I hear a customer say ‘nice machine.’ This has always been my goal in development: For the world, for the people.”
 
Mr. T became a father on the first day of Minkyu. I have never seen him this excited. I couldn't help shaking hands with him.
 
At the end of the tour, one participant said, “They were not perfect speeches, but what really matters is that they were all speaking nobly with their own words.”
 
That is what our tour participants always say. It means all the ISOWA members can publish their own thoughts majestically, and such thoughts can be moving for other people.
 
At this point, the participants divided up with the new hires in one group and the parents in another. The new employees were accompanied by recruiters while Mr. Nakamura and I attended their parents. We ate “miso-katsu” at our three-star restaurant and had some coffee. That was our original full-course lunch.
 
I asked the parents to tell a little about their children, speaking frankly. I know some things should be kept private, but I will tell you some of the insights.
 
Ms. K
She is a strange girl. She loves creating things so much that she might suddenly start hammering at something even in the middle of the night.
 
Mr. A
He is an “otaku.” He loves trains and will go anywhere to take photos of trains. Actually I am a model railroad fan too.
 
Mr. H
He is a quiet man from the country.
 
Mr. E
He is obedient and honest. He is like a child.
 
Mr. Y
He is shy. Although he can’t drink much, he loves drinking. So he often gets drunk and oversleeps.
 
Mr. M
He is a weird man. Yesterday he suddenly went out for a bike trip to Atsumi 50 km away from our house, just to see fireworks. Actually I like to bike too.
 
Here are some additional comments.
 
     ·         I was surprised that you seem to know my kid better than I do.
     ·         Finally I understand why he looked so happy when he got accepted for the job in
           your company.
·         Your factory is much cleaner and designed for safety than I expected. That relieved me greatly.
·         Your offices seem well ventilated.
·         You are all smiling and fresh.
·         Since the time of his internship, we have been saying, "I hope you will be a member of ISOWA."
·         This tour reminded me of the time he took us here and said, "I really want to work for this company."
·         What surprised me most was how honest they all were in their talks.
·         Unlike at my company, you are all cheerful, and the president is friendly.
     (In response to this I said, “To tell you the truth, I’m using my body double for this event.”)
 
Children want to show their company to their parents, and parents will want to visit there.

This is the kind of people who join ISOWA every year. It's a strong point of ISOWA. We will work with all our might on management in order for them to keep this good feeling forever.

We, the ISOWA family, will warmly welcome your dear children. So please don't worry. And please keep being our fans.
 
Thank you all once again for coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment