Construction Kicks Into High Gear

Our New Plant Project has gotten into one of the most important phases in the whole construction process, “concrete placing”.

But, as you might know, it all depends on weather. If it rains, it has to be canceled.

Besides we hired 120 concrete mixer trucks for this.
Since it’s a lot of trucks, we had to book them a month ago.

Which means if it’s canceled, it’s not certain when we will ever get a booking again. It could be delayed by one month.

Ahead of this important two-day process, I could feel tension in the air.
To make matters worse, Mr. K who is in charge of the construction got an injury in his finger the day before.

When he went to the hospital, he was told that he needed an urgent surgery.

He refused to have a surgery because of the construction, but, in the end, the doctor persuaded him.

So he got a surgery first thing in the morning on the first day and rushed back to the site.
I didn’t think he would show up at first, but when he did, I felt happy we have this responsible person as a supervisor.

I will show you how things were during those two days.

Mixer trucks keep coming one after another.

They came from all over Japan. Literally all over Japan.

They even came from cities in the northernmost prefecture in Japan.

Then transfer the liquid concrete to pumping trucks.

It stretches out the long arms to pour it all over the place.

As the concrete pours, the workers even the ground.

When it begins to solidify, they start using a milling machine like this in interesting shoes!

It went on until late at night.

When it gets dark, the light went up.
It looks like a huge skating rink.

Fortunately, the construction was completed successfully under fine weather.

When I stopped by to see how it was going on the second day, I found out I wasn’t the only one who was too worried to just sit still at home.

Although it was Sunday, there were some people there including ISOWA staff.

Thank you to all involved in it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment