9/19/12

A New and Old Fan

We went to Seattle last spring to visit Company A, who purchased our Falcon printing machine. When I went inside the factory, I found the Falcon set up in a very nice arrangement.


I took a look at the control panel and wondered whether the machine was working well,
and then I took an even closer look.

In their factory, 350 boxes are produced per minute for an order of 50,000 boxes. That hardly happens in Japan.

One of the staff of the American factory said, “I've been working at cardboard factories for 40 years and I've never seen a machine installed so smoothly like this. I really want to thank Mr. H and Mr. T from the assembly division of ISOWA Japan and Mr. A, who is an electrical mechanic, also from ISOWA Japan, as well as Mr. C from ISOWA America, who came here to get it installed.”

He continued: “Actually, Company B is in the same business as us, and they visited us here this morning. They purchased a machine from one of ISOWA's competitors, but seeing how this Falcon printer operated very effectively, they said, 'We should have gotten one of these too.'"

Later we went to lunch together with our clients. At the end of the lunch, someone said, "Let’s flip to decide who is going to pay. Heads or tails?"

It was a surprise. I've never done such a thing before. But anyway, I picked heads.

Who paid after all? I'll leave it to your imagination. Now there is one more ISOWA fan in America. No doubt about it!

Company C is also in Seattle, and we visited them too.
They have been an important customer of ours since my father's day. If we had not had their business, ISOWA America would not be what it is today. They are very progressive and have the most brilliant technical skill in the American cardboard industry. It was in 1976 that my father first met them.

“European and American manufacturers are swayed too much by immediate profit and don't have the energy to work on long-term development. ISOWA is the best. Also, their products provide high cost-performance in terms of maintenance.”

“ISOWA experienced a generational change, and now ISOWA itself has changed. I'd like to pay my respects. We've also had a change of generations. Both of us have good leaders and dependable young people.”

“I expect them to make an epoch-making development that is going to be a legendary in the cardboard industry.”

After the meeting, we had a meal together at a seafood restaurant along the seaside of Seattle.

This time nobody seemed to have a coin, so they treated us to a feast without any coin toss. (laughs)
Let's put our heart and soul into our creating and manufacturing to make a legend!

No comments:

Post a Comment